Last week’s new dish for the week was an adapted recipe from emilybites.com. The recipe was Bubble Up Enchiladas. They’re pretty awesome. Just imagine biscuits, veggies, ground beef, ooey gooey cheese… you can’t go wrong, really.
3-4 biscuits, uncooked (such as Pillsbury)
1 Jar or Can of enchilada sauce (we used Trader Joe’s- about 10oz)
3/4lb ground beef, uncooked
1-2 bell peppers (we used a red and a green), diced
1 small onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1T olive oil
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
8oz. shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. When pan heats up, add in garlic and onion. Cook until onion becomes translucent and garlic is very fragrant.
2. Add ground beef and cook until browned and no pink.
3. Add the bell peppers, black beans, and enchilada sauce. Mix thoroughly.
4. Cover and allow to cook over medium for about 6 or 7 minutes.
5. Cut the biscuits into smaller chunks (we did about 6 per biscuit) and drop into skillet. Mix.
6. Take a 9×13 baking pan and lightly spray with pam or olive oil. Pour the skillet mixture in and spread evenly. Bake for about 30 minutes.
7. Remove pan from oven and sprinkle cheddar cheese over top. Place back into the oven for about 5-10 minutes or until cheese starts to bubble.