Ok, I’ll admit it. We haven’t been the best at posting our new recipes up here on the blog. We do have a couple to fill in and will hopefully do that soon. But for today, let’s talk roasted asparagus. You just can’t go wrong with roasted asparagus. It’s quick, it’s easy, it’s delicious, and it’s healthy. And you can customize it to your liking!
To the right you’ll see my dinner from last night. It was similar to Andrew’s except he had steak instead of the Chili Lime Chicken Burger (I saved my steak for today mmmm). I love having a backyard and patio so we can grill- it’s just awesome! Anyway, back to roasted asparagus.
1/2 bunch of asparagus
2 teaspoon olive oil
Seasonings of your choice (we used cracked pepper, and a special mix of citrus salt that our friend, Aileen made– awesome. Will have to get the recipe!)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Rinse the asparagus. Cut about 1/2 inch of the touch base off all spears
3. Lay asparagus horizontally and cut all in half
4. Toss the asparagus into a large bowl. Add olive oil and seasonings
5. Spin, Shake, and Toss the bowl to make sure the asparagus is evenly covered with all the goodies that you added into the bowl. You should get a whiff of a wonderful spice and evoo fragrance
6. Dump the asparagus out on a baking sheet (no need to oil or spray since the asparagus has oil on it)
7. Make sure asparagus is spread out evenly in a single layer
8. Roast in oven for 8 minutes
9. Remove pan and give it a quick shake or two to move the asparagus around
10. Return to oven and roast for another 8 minutes
11. Allow to cool and then enjoy!
The wonderful thing about this recipe is that you can use it for any vegetable. You just have to adjust the time of roasting to your desired crisp (or soft)ness.
For the Whole Batch (asparagus and olive oil):